Leeward CC is a member of the Interstate Passport Network, which provides a framework for block transfer of lower-division general education based on learning outcomes in nine areas:
- Foundational Skills: oral communication, written communication, quantitative literacy
- Knowledge of Concepts: natural sciences, human cultures, creative expression, human society, and the individual
- Crosscutting Skills: critical thinking and teamwork/value systems.
Each Network member institution has its own Passport Block—a menu of lower-division general education courses and learning experiences by which a student can earn the Passport. Students who complete our institution’s Passport Block with a minimum grade of “C” or its equivalent in each course or learning experience will be awarded the Passport-Lower Division General Education (Passport-LDGE) by our institution. Those students who later transfer with a Passport to another Network-member institution will have their learning recognized; they will not have to repeat or take additional courses to satisfy lower-division general education requirements in the Passport’s nine areas.
For students the Interstate Passport program offers:
- An early milestone on the way to a credential.
- Advance knowledge that lower-division general education learning in the Interstate Passport’s nine areas will be recognized upon transfer to another Network member institution.
- The potential for faster time to degree, lower cost, less debt, and lower foregone earnings from unduplicated learning.
- A streamlined transfer process and a greater likelihood of successful transfer and completion.
Participating institutions are listed below. If you’re interested in transferring to any of these colleges, see a counselor to find out how to transfer successfully and take your credits WITH you!
- University of Hawaii at Hilo
- University of Hawaii at Manoa
- University of Hawaii West Oahu
- Chaminade University
- Air University
- University of Alaska, Anchorage
- University of Alaska, Fairbanks
- University of Alaska, Southeast
- Arkansas Community College, Batesville
- Cerritos College
- College of the Siskiyous
- East Los Angeles College
- Los Angeles City College
- Los Angeles Harbor College
- Los Angeles Mission College
- Los Angeles Pierce College
- Los Angeles Southwest College
- Los Angeles Trade-Tech
- Los Angeles Valley College
- West Los Angeles College
- Adams State University Colorado
- Western Colorado University
- College of Eastern Idaho
- Northern Idaho College
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Concordia University-Saint Paul
- Nevada State College
- Truckee Meadow Community College
- University of Nevada, Reno
- New Mexico State
- Lake Regions State College
- North Dakota State College of Science
- University of North Dakota
- Blue Mountain Community College
- Western Oregon University
- Black Hills State University
- Dakota State University
- Northern State University
- South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
- South Dakota State University
- University of South Dakota
- Dixie State University
- Salt Lake Community College
- Snow College
- Southern Utah University
- The University of Utah
- Utah State University
- Utah Valley University
- Weber State University
- Washington State University
- Laramie County Community College
- University of Wyoming
For more information about the Interstate Passport, including a list of Network member institutions!